SPEAKERS TRUST’S COOKIES POLICY
- Definitions and Interpretation
|"Cookie"||means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 [and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)];|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by [the Data Protection Act 1998] OR [EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)];|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Speakers Trust, company limited by guarantee registered in England under no. 6740655. Registered Charity: (England & Wales) 1139377, (Scotland) SC042799, whose registered address is Foundry Business Centre, Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8EN.|
- Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Speakers Trust, Speakers Trust is a company limited by guarantee registered in England under no. 6740655. Speakers Trust Registered Charity:(England & Wales) 1139377. Speakers Trust’s registered address is The Foundry Business Centre, 156 Blackfriars Rd, London, SE1 8EN – Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved.
- Our Data Protection Officer is Russell Findlay, CEO, Speakers Trust.
In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
Name of Cookie Purpose Strictly Necessary _ga
Description: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site. No _gat
Description: Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate No _gid
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Useful links
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)